Surface Pen Rattling Buttons?

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a blue Surface pen and one thing that is bothering me is that the buttons are rattling a bit.

It kind of reminds me of when I got my first RT and the volume rocker was rattling. Eventually a replacement solved that issue.

Are they all like this or should I seek out a replacement?

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
microsoft should really make their production lines better... they are trying to make premium products after all... :/

-Dice-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If it annoys you now, it will only get worse (in your mind) over time, which is why i would advice getting a replacement unit.

The sad thing here is, that every Microsoft product I owned had this problem. My first and second Surface 2 as well as my first and second Lumia 830 had the same problem (and others). Isn't the whole replacement process more expensive than a better quality management?

And the other thing I don't get is why people always talk about Apple and MS producing equally "good/perfect" hardware, my experience sadly says otherwise. Better quality would make buying those devices an even greater pleasure, especially in countries without a Microsoft Store (like Europe) where they need ridiculously 4 weeks to replace your unit...
First time buyers will never buy a MS product again, if they can just walk in the next Apple Store and leave with a new unit. If they want more market share than they should invest in retail stores here in Europe.

If u get one, I wish you all the luck with your replacement unit!

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Surface Pro 3 pen ever since I got it in February, so far I've noticed no difference in being able to delete things/moving things on Onenote

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
I had this shipped to where I am on vacation and luckily there is a Microsoft store in my city now.
I will pop in when I get back

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes