Connect Surface Book 2 to External Monitor

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My Surface Book 2 just arrived...yippee :) awesome looking machine and can't wait to get started with it.

I have hit on a slight issue though: for years I've been connecting my Surface Pro 4 to an external display using a standard HDMI to Mini Display port cable, which has worked just great.

But the Surface Book 2 doesn't have a Mini Display port....ooops :p

What sort of cable set up am I going to need to get my Book 2 talking to an external display?

Cheers

John

wynand32

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I can testify that the Microsoft Surface USB-C to HDMI adapter works fine with my SB2 15" and my Dell Ultrasharp 4K display. I get 4K @60Hz, and it looks very nice.

I'll note, though, that I've not yet been able to get Netflix to play in 4K on the external display, which I would think it should be able to do (note the post I made on the topic). An Acer 2-in-1 plugged in with the same adapter, cable, and display does play Netflix at 4K. So, that's a mystery so far.

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Agree. I am using the Surface USB C to HDMI connector on my 27inch 4K LG monitor. I get 4K at 60Hz on the monitor but to fill the monitor screen, I do adjust the Surface Book screen to a 16:9 resolution in Settings. I share your issue Netflix showing up "only" in HD on my Surface while when I run Netflix through the Xbox One S that is also connected to HDMI on the monitor I get 4K video.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
The first accessory I bought with my surface was the USC-C to HDMI adapter. I have the original SB and i have the display port to HDMI adapter.

Amirsalarsh

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Has anyone tried a 120hz external monitor with SB2 15"? I was wondering if it's possible to get high refresh rate at all? If anyone has, pls let me know which adapter or dock they've used and with what type of monitor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon