Anyone with a 1/22 ship by date have their order shipped yet?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Been waiting on my Surface Book since 10/26 with a 1/22 ship by date. My head is about to explode. Has nayone received shipment confirmation on the 1/22 batch yet?

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Umm... if it ships on 1/22, why would you get an update before 1/22? I thought the MS store says "ships by *insert date here*", which means that's when they ship it, not when you receive it, no?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Umm... if it ships on 1/22, why would you get an update before 1/22? I thought the MS store says "ships by *insert date here*", which means that's when they ship it, not when you receive it, no?

Umm because that's not the "ships on" date it's the "ships by" date and that's not what ships BY means.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Umm because that's not the "ships on" date it's the "ships by" date and that's not what ships BY means.

Well, if "ships by" means that they will ship it by 1/22, then unless my calendar is wrong, they still have a few days left unless you're across the international date line from where I am (it is 1/19), and in that case then they still have a couple of days left to ship. My question is: why get so antsy when it isn't past the deadline yet? I'd truly empathize if it were 1/22 or beyond right now.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, if "ships by" means that they will ship it by 1/22, then unless my calendar is wrong, they still have a few days left unless you're across the international date line from where I am (it is 1/19), and in that case then they still have a couple of days left to ship. My question is: why get so antsy when it isn't past the deadline yet? I'd truly empathize if it were 1/22 or beyond right now.

That wasn't your question. Your question was based on you not properly reading what I said. Now you're asking why I'm getting "so antsy" (like I threatened to jump off a bridge) if the deadline hasn't passed (new question). I'm not getting antsy and nowhere in my op did I say anything negative about Microsoft because they didn't ship yet nor did I ask for an update.

The question was aimed at people who were given that date to see if they're shipping early or not, a harmless inquiry. Your sarcasm turned it into something totally different and honestly, since it obviously wasn't aimed at you I don't even know why you took it upon yourself to respond for any other reason than to be snarky.

josephan

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have one on order and had the 1/22 ship date. The MS Store website is now showing 2/5 so I am guessing the ship date for all 1TB models may have been moved back. Could be that 1/22 orders are still shipping on time but we'll find out soon enough. Maybe they are waiting for firmware updates? Good luck and enjoy your computer.

Lethal_NFS

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
That wasn't your question. Your question was based on you not properly reading what I said. Now you're asking why I'm getting "so antsy" (like I threatened to jump off a bridge) if the deadline hasn't passed (new question). I'm not getting antsy and nowhere in my op did I say anything negative about Microsoft because they didn't ship yet nor did I ask for an update.

With a ******** attitude like that. You can go figure out your problem yourself...

Which is a problem that is not a problem at all if you knew what "ships by" means. Obviously you will not get any shipping information if they did not ship it out yet..

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Lethal, I think the OP was looking for hope that MS is beating it's "ship by" date of 1/22 by shipping early. For someone who ordered nearly 3 months ago I wouldn't blame him at all for feeling antsy.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
With a ******** attitude like that. You can go figure out your problem yourself...

Which is a problem that is not a problem at all if you knew what "ships by" means. Obviously you will not get any shipping information if they did not ship it out yet..

I'm not the one who started with the crappy attitude. He was being a smarta$$ so I responded by being a smarta$$. Read the thread, because between that and the fact that you're telling me I won't get any shipping information before they send it out when that's not even what I asked for, it's pretty obvious you didn't.

Lethal_NFS

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm not the one who started with the crappy attitude. He was being a smarta$$ so I responded by being a smarta$$. Read the thread, because between that and the fact that you're telling me I won't get any shipping information before they send it out when that's not even what I asked for, it's pretty obvious you didn't.

I did read what "she" said. I saw nothing that warrants your crappy attitude to another member. Your ship by date is not even here yet. That is what she was pointing out. They have a few more days to get you shipping information. Has the date always been 1/22? This is something you knew since October correct? Getting antsy with Microsoft is your deal. You knew about the ship by date for months now.

If you have no shipping information by the end of the day on 1/22, then you can **** and moan all you want. I personally would have canceled that order and walk in to a Best Buy like I did. I walked in and bought mine in December.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have one on order and had the 1/22 ship date. The MS Store website is now showing 2/5 so I am guessing the ship date for all 1TB models may have been moved back. Could be that 1/22 orders are still shipping on time but we'll find out soon enough. Maybe they are waiting for firmware updates? Good luck and enjoy your computer.

I appreciate you actually reading the post and giving a useful reply. They actually just charged my card about two hours ago and it's going UPS overnight. Sorry to hear they pushed your date back, hopefully they don't do it again and you get yours soon.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Really, I wasn't trying to be a smarta**. I appreciate that waiting since October is hard, but when you're asking people on a forum about something with a "ships by" date that is still 2-3 days in the future, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Once it gets to the "ships by" date or beyond, then I feel like you have a right to complain. So Microsoft didn't beat their "ships by" date. I'm NOT surprised, given the supply issues of ALL SB models in the beginning. And with how many people have had to request multiple replacement units because theirs were defective? Yikes. I'd say you're lucky they even have the hardware to produce these new ones! So yeah, sorry if I peed on your cheerios, bud. As my parents used to tell me all the time as a child: Patience is a virtue.

When you do get your Surface Book, may you enjoy all the quirks/bugs/issues the rest of us have been having since October. MS may have been doing you a favor by making you wait this long. :winktongue:

@LethalNFS -- thanks :wink:.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon