Surface Book or Pro 4 (or something else)?

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I am buying a new device next Friday, no matter what. Devices I have considered: Razer Blade Stealth, HP Spectre X360, Surface Book and Surface Pro 4. To be honest, based on my wants and needs I really believe the Surface Book to be my #1 choice. The thing that gives me pause is all the bugs that people are encountering. I am considering the 256, i7, 8GB, dGPU option. Is this one of the models people are having these problems with or is it currently a safe buy? In general any buying advice!?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am buying a new device next Friday, no matter what. Devices I have considered: Razer Blade Stealth, HP Spectre X360, Surface Book and Surface Pro 4. To be honest, based on my wants and needs I really believe the Surface Book to be my #1 choice. The thing that gives me pause is all the bugs that people are encountering. I am considering the 256, i7, 8GB, dGPU option. Is this one of the models people are having these problems with or is it currently a safe buy? In general any buying advice!?

mostly issues people have is with defective hardware or software issues which have mostly been sorted out. So you can safely go with the surface book but also check the after sales support if it's good

worwig

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I was wanting the X360. I decided on the much more $$$ Book because of the extra screen size. Last November I was regretting getting the Book because of the glitches. By January, all was mostly well. At this point, I am glad I have the Book and not the X360. MS just released the Book a couple of months too early. But now it is a pretty good product. Still not perfect, but nothing is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi