Do you still have issues with SB?

AlMaqdad Al-Lawati

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I got surface book for past 3 weeks only. When i first got it. It installed all new firmwares and updates. Since then i had 0 issues. The works fantastic no sleep, gpu, power issues. I posted this topic, so everyone could mention issue that he/she still encounter or encountered before.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Since the last firmware I've noticed a few times the touchscreen doesn't work. Putting it to sleep then waking it again seems to correct it.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I still have some assorted, random issues, too (most recent firmware version). My major sleep issues appear to have stabilized, though it still occasionally does not sleep right (drains too much battery, stays or gets too warm at the same time). I also still have video driver issues with the Intel graphics driver (artifacting in Firefox with hardware acceleration enabled -- this is less than before, but it still happens, among other little graphics driver glitches).

A few notes:

1) Haven't seen a BSOD in awhile. I noticed from my event logs that I rarely actually see these anymore when they happen, as they tend to happen when the machine is waking from sleep, so the screen just never comes on and I just end up forcing a reboot only to find a BSOD error in the event log.

2) Major graphics driver instability has improved quite a bit. A lot of the bugs I had with the intel driver have been improved. It isn't perfect, but it's better than before.

3) Windows Hello has been working with 100% reliability (as in, it successfully turns the camera on). Every once in awhile, it decides it cannot recognize me, but that failure rate is extremely low.

4) Attach/detach. I've been making a point to do this more often, and have noticed that my previous issues with getting a black screen on detach or attach has dropped to almost never happening at all.

5) USB/power issues. This thing still doesn't handle a lot of stuff flowing over its USB3 hub. Plug too many USB devices in and throughput is terrible compared to previous Surface devices. I can't use it as a desktop replacement for this reason.

Overall, performance of the SB is still sub-par to me, despite the improvements. I still feel like I'd have been happier sticking with my SP3 and waiting for next year's Surface lineup. I imagine that I'll end up holding onto this SB for a long time, though, after how much money I spent on it. Surface Book is OK, but it should be much, much better than it is.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Pretty much no issues except reinstalling windows which I did last night. Other than that nothing I can think of. Detaching the screen blanks out for a second but I found out that is normal. It also makes the "ba-bing" device connect sound twice for some reason, sometimes just once, and rarely three times.

I'm in love with the book its working very very well. Best device I have ever owned.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much no issues except reinstalling windows which I did last night. Other than that nothing I can think of. Detaching the screen blanks out for a second but I found out that is normal.

FYI, this is not what I mean when I say "black screen on attach/detach". What happens is when the screen blinks off for that split second (which is normal, yes), it never comes back on, thus you have a completely black screen that stays black no matter what until you force it to reboot. ;)

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
FYI, this is not what I mean when I say "black screen on attach/detach". What happens is when the screen blinks off for that split second (which is normal, yes), it never comes back on, thus you have a completely black screen that stays black no matter what until you force it to reboot. ;)

I understand that. I was just simply stating my experience

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I still have issues with is crashing during sleep but i'm on Insider Fast and I never saw the most recent firmware.

Really? So you're still on the last firmware/driver versions? That kind of surprises me, especially if you're on insider builds. I haven't seen a sleep crash since the most recent firmware updates that were supposed to address it, so I am really, really encouraged. If I were you, I might go check the manual downloads for firmware and drivers and see if you can't update yours. It does appear to have made a significant difference, at least for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon