Keyboard and mouse after August updates

wardo5757

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the keyboard and mouse not working after sleep with this latest round of August updates? 9 times out of 10, when I open my SB the keyboard and mouse are dead and I have to detach then re-attach the clip board in order to get it working again.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the keyboard and mouse not working after sleep with this latest round of August updates? 9 times out of 10, when I open my SB the keyboard and mouse are dead and I have to detach then re-attach the clip board in order to get it working again.

keep checking for updates or reinstall the drivers for the devices

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this actually happened to me a couple of times, but last night it was completely weird. After detaching/reattaching, my keyboard worked, but it was like the caps lock was on (but it wasn't). So I decided just to reboot -- when it rebooted, I got the blue screen troubleshooting menu like windows couldn't start, but this was IMMEDIATE (no boot sequence whatsoever). I chose to just skip troubleshooting and boot Windows and then it went through a complete boot sequence (not a restart, but a cold boot). It was fine after that.

My SB just installed a firmware update last night, so it should be interesting to see what happens after that.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just to follow up -- since the August firmware update, I am having REGULAR issues with my keyboard/trackpad not working at all (requiring a detach/reattach) after resuming from both sleep and hibernation. It's quite annoying, and I think I'm going to go complain about it on the MS forums.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Just to follow up -- since the August firmware update, I am having REGULAR issues with my keyboard/trackpad not working at all (requiring a detach/reattach) after resuming from both sleep and hibernation. It's quite annoying, and I think I'm going to go complain about it on the MS forums.

submit feedback too in the feedback app

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I would submit feedback, but for that I'd have to have enhanced or full data being sent back to MS, and I specifically set that as low as possible (basic), which then won't allow me to use the feedback feature.

I did make a post on MS's support forums about the issue, as it is now occurring very often, though not every single time. It also tends to lag a lot when resuming from hibernation (as in, I resume, log in, and open any program and try to type and the keyboard won't work. If I'm lucky, it starts working within 10-15 seconds, but IMHO, this is unacceptable).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon