The Problem with Windows Hello

Maksym Ovchynnikov

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I've often see incorrect Windows Hello software working in Surface Book. There is following situation. The camera doesn't turn on after restarting device. When setting Sign In options after that and removing Windows Hello face, I see following error: "Couldn't turn on the camera. Make sure it's working properly.". Only system update or reset helped me.

So, how to avoid an error given above?

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
There have been many firmware updates and driver updates that have dealt with the Hello camera driver issues on the Surface Book since its launch. There were some updates that flat out broke Windows Hello (and the camera) on resume from hibernation or sleep. You definitely need to make sure everything is installed properly (check the device manager for any exclamation points for firmware -- sometimes the updates fail but you don't know) and up-to-date. If the problem persists despite manual re-installs, head over to MS's forums and start a thread. It's practically the only way to make enough noise to get MS's attention (and if others are sharing your experience, they'll chime in and hopefully the MS team will fix it).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans