Maksym Ovchynnikov

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Could You please write how many battery charge Surface Book uses during one hour due to web-surfing in Microsoft Edge?
The question arises because of large gap between the lifetimes with and without web-surfing of my Surface. For brightness level 50%, it can work up to 16 hours from the one charge (I use LaTeX compiler, irregularly Wolfram Mathematica etc.). If, however, I use Edge for web browsing, the lifetime is twice smaller and even worse.

Last edited:

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
If you use a different browser like Firefox or Chrome, do you have the same issue? I don't use Edge, so I can't answer your actual question.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'll check it. By the way, is the web-browsing by using Firefox (scrolling, web-pages loading) smooth (in compare to Edge), by Your experience?

I can't compare directly since I don't use Edge, but I'm perfectly happy with Firefox as my primary browser. I have not had video driver issues in Firefox for many months now (early on there were issues with hardware acceleration and weird artifacting in Firefox, but that appears to have been fixed).

Maksym Ovchynnikov

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, but does Firefox run normally on your SB? On all SBs which I've been using there are problems with Firefox. It runs very slow in compare to Edge, especially this is reflected in smoothness of web-pages loading and scrolling. I really suffer from this...

peter nde63h

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Could You please write how many battery charge Surface Book uses during one hour due to web-surfing in Microsoft Edge?
The question arises because of large gap between the lifetimes with and without web-surfing of my Surface. For brightness level 50%, it can work up to 16 hours from the one charge (I use LaTeX compiler, irregularly Wolfram Mathematica etc.). If, however, I use Edge for web browsing, the lifetime is twice smaller and even worse.
I use edge only and doesn't notice any battery drain issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes