How can I fix "Battery 1: Not Present"

Charles Bodestyne

Sep 4, 2018
Visit site
This has actually happened to me twice. I was able to replace my SB1 for free because it was still under warranty, but now it has happened again and I'm left without a clue to fix this. When I try to detach I get a red light saying battery low yotta yotta charge the tablet. Battery 2 is still present and functioning so I can charge the base and the battery holds a charge. Battery 1 is not present in device manager, so uninstalling and reinstalling is not an option. I've already tried holding down the power button and the up volume button until I got the UEFI screen as well. The only option I've read online is to force detach, but I'm afraid to do that because it says only to use that as a last resort. Also poking around a 2,000 dollar laptop with a paper clip doesn't sound like the best way to fix something. I'm honestly on the verge of giving up it seems as if there's no hope. Microsoft values the SB1 at 300 dollars to trade in for another Surface so I can't do that. I've heard you can pay 500 dollars for them to replace your book, but I might as well get an upgrade than to fix this two year old hardware. I use this for taking notes on lectures, so detaching is really helpful. I also suspect that force detaching won't help because the tablet isn't receiving power from the base, so detaching it and plugging in the charger directly to the tablet probably won't work? I'd really love some help if you could offer any.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12