Former Mac owner New to Surface Book Question

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to determine if the surface book I got actually has the nvidia dgpu that I ordered. Tried to launch the nvidia control panel but it won't launch for some reason. When I click on it nothing happens. How do I check to make sure I actually have the dgpu?

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yep works now. Wasn't showing up until I detached and re attached the screen. I have another question. When windows hello logs me in I seem to always get a message that my device is offline and I need to login with last method used. Any idea how to fix this?

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yep works now. Wasn't showing up until I detached and re attached the screen. I have another question. When windows hello logs me in I seem to always get a message that my device is offline and I need to login with last method used. Any idea how to fix this?

That's not an issue I've experienced ... I assume that your Surface Book is connected to the internet when this is happening?

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Started working for some reason. Spooky how well windows hello works.

When you stop and think about it, definitely yes. It's a bit creepy. That said, I use Windows Hello all the time and I absolutely love it (it's probably the absolute best feature MS has created in some time). I cringe a little when I have to log in the old fashioned way on my Win10 desktop PC. Ha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon