I am able to sync music between PC and Windows either via Explorer or the old Windows Media Player (Developer Mode -> change default USB to File Transfer). But I don't think Windows Media Playlists are usable elsewhere. Groove no longer works on Android. I own (or buy) all the music I want, so I don't want to pay every month for a premium streaming service, but don't mind using a free service Playlist syncing via the cloud or paying for a one-time fee to purchase an app that works on Android and/or Windows to sync a playlist via cloud or USB. What are the best options to share playlists between Windows and an Android phone (if it matters, I'm using the Surface Duo)?

I wish Your Phone handled this.

I did buy CloudPlayer for Android, which can play the music from OneDrive, but that doesn't really help my issue of wanting to have shared playlists between devices.

Thanks guys for any advice.
    Michael Bromley likes this.
    09-26-2020 01:38 PM
    This may be a silly answer, but why not just sign up for Spotify and make your playlists that way? The app works fine on Windows and Android.
    09-26-2020 09:36 PM
    Originally posted by Ryujingt3
    This may be a silly answer, but why not just sign up for Spotify and make your playlists that way? The app works fine on Windows and Android.
    Maybe that would be good, but doesn't Spotify local syncing require the Premium (paid monthly) account? I'm not interesting in paying monthly when I already have the few hundred or so albums I want. If Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd start making new albums, I'll buy them. If I'm wrong and it's included with the free account, then that could be great.
    09-27-2020 07:44 AM
    Huge problem for me, as well. I have a 20 yo library of local music and playlists that would be impossible to recreate. When MS abandoned Groove streaming, they arranged to move music, including existing playlists to Spotify. But that was a one-time function, and Spotify stopped syncing with the local WMP music library and playlists.

So I went looking for another solution. The best I could find was Fubar, which allows importing of playlists, only it has a character limit on playable songs, so most of my library isn't functional with it. I wasted too much time trying to figure it out, so I gave up and have used Fubar on my iPhone only for those lists that function.

Now, like you, I bought a Surface Duo and I really want to connect it to my existing music library w/ playlist functionality. I might try Fubar one more time but would love if someone else around here knows/ finds a solution. I will not use iTunes or whatever the Google player is. Just won't.

Let me know if you find anything.
    10-02-2020 10:40 AM
    I use google: youtube music app. In the setting you can have it search for music stored on your phone. There is on option in setting>library & downloads>Show device files (show all audio files on your device). I usually don't select this since it might play alarms or notification sound clips I have downloaded. So all you need to do, it store the music on your phone and have youtube music app search for it. You can then click on play offline music only, and only those songs or playlists will show.
    10-07-2020 10:43 AM