Help with the Useless Camera

kiramon51

Oct 13, 2020
Visit site
Okay, so I'm totally fine (not really) with the camera being similar to my old flip-razr phone from back in the day...

But everytime I bring up the camera it does that pop up that says "Turn the screen or click switch camera to change camera side" or whatever... except I don't see that button anywhere? Where the heck is it?

I mean I'm literally keeping my iphone around to take pictures, not only because they are so much better but because they are so much easier/simpler to even start taking photos.

((I love this phone but the camera is even worse than I had read about lol. Makes me loathe Samsung phones and their beautifully crisp pictures they can take... Probably just going to buy a Nikon or Canon to start taking pictures with lol).

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Try this, it has worked for me. I put the icon on the left side and I fold the phone before I launch the camera. Works perfectly every time but it doesn't solve the garbage pictures.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I have heard about some work with Gcam ports that seem like they are moving in a good direction (I believe they even have a decent night mode working)

Cheers,
BR

fonzman78

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Try this, it has worked for me. I put the icon on the left side and I fold the phone before I launch the camera. Works perfectly every time but it doesn't solve the garbage pictures.

Cursing myself for not seeing such a simple solution. You just solved weeks of frustration for me. Works every time now.

clechner77

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'd just like to say thank you for posting this. I have the Duo for, well, since a couple months after it came out and I just lost my cool and almost snapped it in half, er, thirds.

"Hey, can you take a quick picture of XYZ?"
"Nope, almost certainly not."

Open phone, tap camera button, EFF YOU FRONT FACING CAMERA, I AM NOT A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO WANTS TO TAKE A SELFIE. Ok, let's just move it over the this.... damnit, it closed. Try it again.... almost there..... screen went black. One more time, damnit, just couldn't align it right to move, next time... for some reason now I can't move things. FML.

Why can't we have the ability to default to one of the cameras or disable one? I probably can, I'm just usually too irritated and my patience has worn thin. Sometimes this thing makes me feel like a construction worker that is using his first piece of technology ever (no offense to construction workers.... easy now) instead of a hands-on IT Manager of 20+ years.

Anyway, as a guy who has been on senior level troubleshooting teams, putting the icon on the left side and folding the phone before opening it had eluded me thus far. You likely saved me from a stroke........

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely recommend turning on Jump to Camera. It allows you to quickly open the camera by double pressing the power button.

And as an added bonus, if the wrong screen is activated when you switch to single screen mode, you can use Jump to Camera to quickly activate the screen you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes