Go tips and tricks?

pupton

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi all I'm a UK Go owner. Arrived on launch day 😊

Have to say I'm very happy with the experience. I have purchased the 8gb model and plan on leaving it in S mode.

Any tips and tricks for a newbie Windows 10 tablet owner?

pupton

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
As it happens I do have a pen from an surface pro 4 that I had for a while so that's covered off already. I've not bothered with the type cover at this point.

I think I'll be ok sticking with S mode as I have imported my browser favourites manually and can get what I need from the app store.

I will probably purchase Office 365 or are there any other option for basic word processing and spreadsheets in the app store? I guess if I went to full Windows I could install Google docs that would save me £60 per annum... Hmmm, maybe I will go Pro...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I will probably purchase Office 365 or are there any other option for basic word processing and spreadsheets in the app store? I guess if I went to full Windows I could install Google docs that would save me £60 per annum... Hmmm, maybe I will go Pro...

If you need a basic word processor, WordPad is built into every copy of Windows 10. The quickest way to find it is to hit the Start button and search for "WordPad." However, I think you can use it while still in S mode, but I'm not entirely sure.

larrykay

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
I was playing with the mobile word and excel, and everything they open is read only. I could not get it to edit an existing file. I dug around at home and came up with an Office 2007 CD, so I shared the cd drive on my desktop and installed Office 2007 word, excel and outlook on my Surface Go, and it works perfectly. It actually starts up faster than the mobile version...

Cursive1987

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by larrykay
I was playing with the mobile word and excel, and everything they open is read only. I could not get it to edit an existing file. I dug around at home and came up with an Office 2007 CD, so I shared the cd drive on my desktop and installed Office 2007 word, excel and outlook on my Surface Go, and it works perfectly. It actually starts up faster than the mobile version...

I had issues with the Office mobile apps too, asking me to sign up to Office365 to 'create new' or 'save' documents. I Terminated the apps in App Settings, then Reset them and this seems to have done the trick. There was an update to Word/Excel this morning too which I was expecting would fix the issue, but I was still getting the same message after updating until I Terminated/Reset.

tflash

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site

Ah the good old days of stand alone apps that you can install from a disk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc