lose volume button?

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I am crazy but I think my surface volume button is slightly loose. When I move my left thumb along the left top edge on the button ..without pushing up or down I can actually tilt the button and I can hear it as it shifts up and down without depressing up/down button. Can anyone check to make sure this isn't by design. I'd like to return it now b4 my 14 day period is over.

Pls report ur findings here. Thx

short clip below on my skydrive (sry for the low quality...still on gen 1 hd7 here)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=891523248585709B!849&authkey=!AAHXGuWBK1uMK5g

Last edited:

kenstervf

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I am crazy but I think my surface volume button is slightly loose. When I move my left thumb along the left top edge on the button ..without pushing up or down I can actually tilt the button and I can hear it as it shifts up and down without depressing up/down button. Can anyone check to make sure this isn't by design. I'd like to return it now b4 my 14 day period is over.

Pls report ur findings here. Thx
I think I know what you are experiencing with loose volume button. I agree with you that it maybe considered as loose. But our idea of having a perfect and flawless device makes us more paranoid that there is something wrong with the device when there is nothing wrong at all. I personally see it as a design and not a flaw with the volume button. I think its normal. ��

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I think I know what you are experiencing with loose volume button. I agree with you that it maybe considered as loose. But our idea of having a perfect and flawless device makes us more paranoid that there is something wrong with the device when there is nothing wrong at all. I personally see it as a design and not a flaw with the volume button. I think its normal. ��
thanks for ur input. is it supposed to wiggle at all? I mean isn't it suppose to stay in place? I discovered this while I was trying to locate the button to control the volume. Does yours do the same? I'll consider posting a short clip of this soon.

update : clip uploaded above

Last edited:

kenstervf

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I can't really tell much from the video. Watching it on my smartphone. The volume button kind of slide up and down when you slide your finger, correct? I really think that is how it is designed. There are other products with this exact or very similar button that wiggles a tiny bit as well. We tend to nitpick every little detail because we want a perfect product.

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I can't really tell much from the video. Watching it on my smartphone. The volume button kind of slide up and down when you slide your finger, correct? I really think that is how it is designed. There are other products with this exact or very similar button that wiggles a tiny bit as well. We tend to nitpick every little detail because we want a perfect product.

Yes you're right probably. The button works..and I want to think it's by design

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte