The wait is killing me!

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I sold my ipad 3 a couple of weeks ago in order to get the most out of it for someone buying it for Christmas. Since then, I've been trying to patiently wait for the Surface Pro. The wait is killing me! I hadn't realized how much I use a tablet.

Does anyone know when in Jan it's going to be released?

delesh

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the wait is hard. At least the other promised Win8 tabs are slow to release or else I might have given in. Last I heard it would be a very late Jan release. I'm thinking they will probably release it with Office 13.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I sold my ipad 3 a couple of weeks ago in order to get the most out of it for someone buying it for Christmas. Since then, I've been trying to patiently wait for the Surface Pro. The wait is killing me! I hadn't realized how much I use a tablet.

Does anyone know when in Jan it's going to be released?

Ugh, tell me about it.
I sold my iPad 3 ~2 months ago (and i used my iPad daily) as i was previously going for Atom tablets.... that supposedly were going to be out month ago. Long story short, now i'm literally every day inches away to buy some random ~1100 euros ultrabook or iPad. Just don't wanna fock it up now when i have been waiting this long.

I'm now certainly going to wait till January, though if Microsoft decides to delay the pro release in Europe, i'm not going to watch that from the sidelines and will put my money to Asus who is always first to release their products in Europe. Microsoft is one of the worst companies when it comes to delivering services and hardware outside of North America.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, i broke today. :D
Bought myself Vivo tab. Saw Acer W700 on the shops and was really impressed with the build quality. Would have for sure picked that right away if the wacom/stylus support wasn't missing.

Damn MS, Nokia, Samsung, Asus are pushing Windows and WP8 hard now. Walking down the largest electronic store in Scandinavia here in Finland and the whole place could have just these past weeks been one big Microsoft store.

Sparkyscrum

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting for the Pro. Got my other half as RT as they don't need the full Pro experience, but it's made me want the Pro all that more. Was thinking between Vaio Duo on the account of 8GB RAM vs 4GB in the Pro, the build quailty is that much better in the Surface.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I am dying also. Luckily my Transformer Prime is keeping me company until the release. My son is dying because the Prime is his when I bring home the Pro. DW wants the RT so it looks like we will be a MS couple soon. Even more so whenever Sprint gets its Windows Phone lineup. I do hope the Pro is release with Office 13 since that is what I wanted on it anyway. I wonder if there will be bundle deals?

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
No office 2013 that I've heard of yet... But if you buy the 3-license deal you can install the full version on the Pro. Really, I've been looking into the VivoTab and Samsung tablet with W8 that are already out, and they look pretty comparable... But I really dig the 10.6 inch 1920*1080 screen on the Pro!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon