Surface Launch Purchase Experience

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone get anything extra or have a good experience with their surface purchase?

Yesterday morning, I ended up getting my preorder 64GB Surface 2 with touch cover 2. Along with this I got 10% educational discount, $25 dollars off, and a Surface/NFL t-shirt. The experience was easy and fast at the Corte Madera Store in CA. There was a few others picking their devices up. No crazy pandemonium or arrogant fans. Just people who wanted the device. Simple...

I have not had the chance to use my surface 2 as my surface 1 is still in action. I did power it on to set it up though. Very easy. Once put my account information on the device, everything began to setup and look just like my old device. I just needed to allow the applications to download. I setup my promotional 200GB Skydrive and Skype services. I already had 25GB, that I was not using, but I will add more files to the cloud now. Since you can allow/disallow certain folders to sync on different computers, I am not worried about ridiculously redundant duplication of data and loss of storage space...

Anywho, anyone else have a good experience?:cool:
WP_20131023_009.jpg

Last edited:

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I also got (1) a 10% educational discount, (2) a package including the touch cover 2, any sleeve in the store (some up to $70 but I picked a $40 one), and a screen protector for $150, which could have been worth over $200, and (3) a $25 off $75 of stuff coupon that the guy gave me his e-mail and said to let him know when I wanted to use it and he could apply it to merchandise as low as $60. It was a pretty smooth experience.

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I had a good experience. I got a 25.00 store credit and 10% off. The Surface is so smooth. I used it to remote to my desktop and you couldn't tell it was a remote connection. So glad I got the RT over the pro. Half the price, less weight and more battery and I don't see myself using desktop apps on it.

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys getting the $25 coupons? Does that only apply to pre-orders or launch day? I will likely pick up a Surface 2 in the next few weeks (directly from a MS Store).

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys getting the $25 coupons? Does that only apply to pre-orders or launch day? I will likely pick up a Surface 2 in the next few weeks (directly from a MS Store).

Maybe a bing challenge reward or something. Just mention the $25 off $75 and see if they will give it to you.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck