Skype Wifi for Surface Doesnt Work

whatup12

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Dear all,

I love my surface 2, but totally frustrated by Skype Wifi. It has only ever connected once for me when travelling and most of the time it just say that it is unable to sign in. When I check skype wifi on my computer, it works just fine. Of course the issue is that the surface 2 skype wifi offer only applies to the surface connecting and not any other device. so basically the skype wifi service is basically useless.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times. I have tried first signing into skype and then opening skype wifi or closing skype and then logging into skype wifi. I have looked at the very few settings available on skype wifi. As someone who logs 350k miles per year, skype wifi was a reason that i used the best buy 200 buy out and got me a surface 2! ie, this sucks!

Right now, I just use connectify to run my surface off my computer's internet connection. Or use internet sharing on my 1020 (when using non-ATT sim cards).

But is there something that i am doing wrong? Anyone else having this issue? Anyone try skype wifi yet?
thanks!

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Skype Wifi is the service that lets you connect to public hotspots, right?
I'm afraid I have never known this to work on any device. Do the hotspots you are connecting to support Skype Wifi?

whatup12

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Skype Wifi is the service that lets you connect to public hotspots, right?
I'm afraid I have never known this to work on any device. Do the hotspots you are connecting to support Skype Wifi?

Yep, always check with my computer and works. I have connected even and it charges me. It works at tons of places--just not through the surface 2!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon