Bargains on the Microsoft Covers

YouMeanNo

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to get a cover for my Surface 2. I don't particularly want a sleeve so that leaves me with the Touch/Type options. Having a keyboard would be nice, I'll take it to uni to read and tap out a few notes on but I doubt I'll use it that much. Compactness and something to cover the screen are probably bigger priorities for me.

Budget is tight at the moment. Are the version 2 covers really worth the extra money?

The Touch Cover 2 is ?100, the Type Cover 2 is ?110. At the moment the Touch Cover 1 in Cyan is ?45 (down from ?65) from Currys/PC World and the Type Cover 1 is ?83 (down from ?110) from Argos.

Should I be tempted by the bargains or will I forever regret not getting the purple Type Cover 2? What are your experiences?

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
You will regret not getting the Purple Type Cover 2. Why? (1) Because of the backlit feature in the new type covers, which is really helpful; and, (2) because of the purple colour!!!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a type cover 2 and love it. It is much thinner and lighter than the type cover 1, and it has backlit. The final decision is your own, though.

Daniel Curry

Banned
May 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a Touch Cover 1, bought purely out of novelty. The Type Cover 2 (black) is incredible. The backlight is worth the extra 50 quid alone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital