WiFi "limited"

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm afraid I'm having a huge problem with my Surface 2. I've had this thing since last thursday and everything was smooth till a few hours ago. The WiFi connectivity seems to be crippled all of a sudden! I only can connect to my Network when I'm very close to the router. Once I leave the room it loses the connection (says it's "limited"/can't reconnect). All other devices (Smartphones, PCs and even another Surface 2) work perfecty fine. And as I stated in the beginning, the device worked smoothly till a few hours ago so I doubt it has to do with the router/network.

What I already did:

- factory reset
- reinstall drivers for the network Adapter
- the "little" things like WiFi/Airplane mode on/off

Has anyone else ever had these issues and managed to resolve them? I'm starting to think that this isn't a software issue but rather a hardware Problem. The antenna doesn't seem to get enough power once the signal isn't 100% perfect anymore...

Thoughts?:unhappysweat:

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Since a factory reset didn't help it sound like a hardware issue :cry: If you don't get any other advice I should send it back.

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Since a factory reset didn't help it sound like a hardware issue :cry: If you don't get any other advice I should send it back.
Hi,

so I just finished talking to a woman at the Service Hotline and she said I had two Options:

1. try to get a replacement from the retailer where I bought it (which should be no trouble since the device isn't even one week old...but you never know with online retailers I'm afraid).
2. send it to them (Microsoft Support) but then - and here comes what p****s me off - I only get a refurbished device!!! They can't be serious, can they?!?! As I said earlier, the thing isn't even one week old. So basically I buy a defective device and all they offer is to give me an older device (I assume it is older because how can a refurbished unit be newer than mine??...not very likely) that once was defective as well?!?! I mean come on...that's ridiculous!

What's your experience with replacing a device (that is that new)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon