Surface 2 Overscan/Scaling Setting?

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can enable/disable overscan or alter the display scaling on the Surface 2? Usually you can do this through your graphics card specific control panel (NVIDIA, ATI or Intel), but I can't seem to find it on the S2. Reason being I have a Panasonic TV which has no overscan options on the panel itself, so usually I get around this by altering the settings on the device itself. As it stands when connecting the Surface2 to the TV the screen cuts off slightly all around the edges.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried going into settings and changing the display settings so that the entire metro UI scales down? Settings, pc and devices, display.

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried going into settings and changing the display settings so that the entire metro UI scales down? Settings, pc and devices, display.

As in selecting 'smaller'? This only scales the UI to fit more on the screen so everything is smaller. The display still reaches the very edge of the screen, which is the issue on TVs. Usually there's an overscan option on the TV, but I have an older panel which doesn't have that option therefore display scaling is a must.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo