Did I accidently disable the Start button?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
The Start button at the bottom center of my Surface stopped working. I rarely use it so I haven't really noticed until my wife pointed it out to me. I am always playing with stuff on my Surface and curious if I accidentally turned it off. is there a way to disable it? Or better yet, turn it back on.

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there is a way to disable it. I don't see it in the options. Does it vibrate when you press it?
Did you reboot to see if it works?

Saurabh3321

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me about 3-4 times. That the windows button stops working. No vibration, no effect at all. But a simple lock- unlock has always fixed it. Seems a software bug which happens very rarely. Is your problem permanent? Then i think there is a hardware issue. As there is no setting to disable the button.
it is however really amazing how Microsoft made this button. It has built in features to ignore swipes i.e. if you swipe your finger on the bezel towards the button, it ignores it. It ONLY works if you put finger down on the button and remove it straight up. Swipes are ignored.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes