Surface 2 + blackberry z10 combo anyone ?

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys is anyone here using the surface 2 along with the blackberry z10 ? How is the experience ? Do they compliment each other well ? What are the pros and cons of this combo when to compared to the surface 2+ wp8 phone combo ?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you're going to tout a WinRT +BB10 combo, I'd like to tell you good luck. The experiences between the two platforms are different (but are both ridiculously dependent on swiping). In fact, pre-WP8.1, BB10 may actually be a better match than WP8, largely because both have large amounts of gestures. BB10 could also plug large app holes on your tablet.

On the other hand, you could buy into the Microsoft approach and have a Windows Phone. Bear in mind that the experience is best with Microsoft services.

Remember that a year from now, there will be apps on WPs that also work on Windows. Full Windows.

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
If you're going to tout a WinRT +BB10 combo, I'd like to tell you good luck. The experiences between the two platforms are different (but are both ridiculously dependent on swiping). In fact, pre-WP8.1, BB10 may actually be a better match than WP8, largely because both have large amounts of gestures. BB10 could also plug large app holes on your tablet.

On the other hand, you could buy into the Microsoft approach and have a Windows Phone. Bear in mind that the experience is best with Microsoft services.

Remember that a year from now, there will be apps on WPs that also work on Windows. Full Windows.

I have used windows phone since it's launch , I bought a z10 for a change till 8.1 comes . And now planning to buy a surface rt . Iam not very crazy about apps .
What I want to know is do we have users here who are having this combo , and how both devices compliment emac other or not .

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
There was a like 3 page discussion at Crackberry about this, so I'd suggest asking about this over there. I'd imagine there are more members on Crackberry with a S2 than there are people on WPC with a Z10.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I really don't see how the two compliment each other besides email syncing. Neither company has released any of their major services on the other's platform. Maybe something like Skype and OneDrive will work on the z10 but I'm finding little else to warrant a S2, z10 combo. Especially with 8.1 coming out soon bringing IE11 syncing, unified apps, and other features that will make RT/8/WP mesh better.

Cruncher04

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I really don't see how the two compliment each other besides email syncing. Neither company has released any of their major services on the other's platform. Maybe something like Skype and OneDrive will work on the z10 but I'm finding little else to warrant a S2, z10 combo.

S2/WP8.1 certainly is the better combo. However you need to see it with the eyes of someone owning a BB10 device. In this case the Surface 2 is a quite good companion in particular given that you can plug in your BB10 via USB and get access to the file System.
You are also able to setup a network share with the Surface 2, which the BB10 might have access to (not sure if the BB10 can access network drives though)

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
S2/WP8.1 certainly is the better combo. However you need to see it with the eyes of someone owning a BB10 device. In this case the Surface 2 is a quite good companion in particular given that you can plug in your BB10 via USB and get access to the file System.
You are also able to setup a network share with the Surface 2, which the BB10 might have access to (not sure if the BB10 can access network drives though)

You nailed it right . My questions was can I hook up the z10 to transfer music pics to the surface via USB . I don't want a iPhone and iPad kind of synchronization .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes