update history: so many failures

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh my, Microsoft is confusing here. I was checking my update history because I did a system refresh to my surface. It took me two days to update fully. I decided to check my update history, and holy cow I had like 30 failed updates (maybe because i was in terrible WiFi places), yet the surface claimed it was fully updated. After an hour of scanning the history.. I realized that the failed updates were eventually successful later on? I started matching the numbers and the names of the updates to check, and yes some had the same codes.

Has everyone noticed this and is this normal for them? I just want reassurance from my peepz here

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
It takes a reboot between an update to get them to go. I was reading how MS was going to change windows so the updates do not have to be done in any order. So, as it stands, they need to be done in order or it will be a fustercluck.,

anon(8195883)

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Oh my, Microsoft is confusing here. I was checking my update history because I did a system refresh to my surface. It took me two days to update fully. I decided to check my update history, and holy cow I had like 30 failed updates (maybe because i was in terrible WiFi places), yet the surface claimed it was fully updated. After an hour of scanning the history.. I realized that the failed updates were eventually successful later on? I started matching the numbers and the names of the updates to check, and yes some had the same codes.

Has everyone noticed this and is this normal for them? I just want reassurance from my peepz here

Its normal..3 of my updates did this as well...all where Error Code 80200056..a generic error saying it failed to install. It maybe a download problem..or that update needs another update first that wasn't installed yet. Windows update will try again later.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Its normal..3 of my updates did this as well...all where Error Code 80200056..a generic error saying it failed to install. It maybe a download problem..or that update needs another update first that wasn't installed yet. Windows update will try again later.

Awesome thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon