Surface 3, N-Trig?

ishredthecello

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been wanting to get a Surface 2 (RT) for a while now, because I love the features. What are the speculations on when we can see a Surface 3 (RT). I feel we have to be on the horizon of (if there is going to be) a new version being released, but haven't seen much.

My hopes and dreams for this:

N-Trig (if it had n-trig, do you think that would make the device a huge success?)
HDMI Mini Out (love that the 2 has a standard connector like this)
1080P
Less Glare Screen
Great Battery Life
SD Card
USB 3.0 Port
Cortana :)
400-450$ for a 64gb version
Surface Pro 3 Style Kickstand
Re-run the 200gb OneDrive promotion

Additionally, what do you think the aspect ratio will be. I'd imagine they'd stay with the 10.6" size, but do you think they'd keep the 2's aspect ratio or be a 10.6" with a more square design like the Surface Pro 3 (which would slightly change the 1080p res to something a bit more). I'd say they'd go with a more square style if it indeed comes with n-trig...which I really hope it does.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been wanting to get a Surface 2 (RT) for a while now, because I love the features. What are the speculations on when we can see a Surface 3 (RT). I feel we have to be on the horizon of (if there is going to be) a new version being released, but haven't seen much.

My hopes and dreams for this:

N-Trig (if it had n-trig, do you think that would make the device a huge success?)
HDMI Mini Out (love that the 2 has a standard connector like this)
1080P
Less Glare Screen
Great Battery Life
SD Card
USB 3.0 Port
Cortana :)
400-450$ for a 64gb version
Surface Pro 3 Style Kickstand
Re-run the 200gb OneDrive promotion

Additionally, what do you think the aspect ratio will be. I'd imagine they'd stay with the 10.6" size, but do you think they'd keep the 2's aspect ratio or be a 10.6" with a more square design like the Surface Pro 3 (which would slightly change the 1080p res to something a bit more). I'd say they'd go with a more square style if it indeed comes with n-trig...which I really hope it does.

Sorry bro, you are asking for today much at a very low price. Haha

ishredthecello

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's asking for too much. It's pretty similar to what the Surface 2 is now, maybe 64gb is too much at that price point, but doesn't seem to unrealistic.

My own speculation is that they went with N-Trig over Wacom because it was cheaper and they were able to leverage buying a ton to be able to implement into their additional lines. Maybe even eventually see it in Phones.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's asking for too much. It's pretty similar to what the Surface 2 is now, maybe 64gb is too much at that price point, but doesn't seem to unrealistic.

My own speculation is that they went with N-Trig over Wacom because it was cheaper and they were able to leverage buying a ton to be able to implement into their additional lines. Maybe even eventually see it in Phones.

They are similar. You're right, idk why I thought it was too much....

But cortana may not be feasible until windows 9. But im no windows genius.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

They mostly went with N-Trig because it's a thinner digitizer, which allowed them to make the device a little thinner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon