Slow Video playback

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing slow video playback with no sound. Happens on all apps and in browser. Complete re-booty is the only way to fix.

I am gradually beginning to dislike my Surface 3. No big issues but loads of jiggles and sick of having to sign in every time I use the thing. I must have to force reboot 3-4 times a week and don't get me started on the sack of pop that masquerades as OneDrive.

The more I use W10 the more I realise it is a mix of the worse elements of 7 and 8. Why a settings AND control panel, there are always two places to effect very element of the OS. It doesn't make any sense.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to sign in every time you "use the thing", then turn that off. Or change to use a PIN in the same settings area.

How to disable the lock screen after waking in Windows 8

Control Panel will eventually be retired. It takes time. Settings includes much more than it used to.

For audio, I would check there isn't a driver update for the sound driver - I've found the latest Intel driver on the Intel Downloads site can sometimes be better than ones available via automatic update. And check the latest Windows updates are installed.

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Clearly you don't use Windows 10 as you can't remove the sign in option if you sign in with a MS account. Also W10 does not have separate drivers, well that is the intention anyway, they are included in the OS so we are stuck until they are updated.

It's frustrating that a great device has been ruined with the flaky W10 upgrade.

tbsteph47

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can use the pin sign in option in Win 10.

No experience with slow video and no sound using any app. Does sound like a driver issue. Try uninstall/reinstall the video driver or, if that doesn't fix the problem, a refresh. Have you ran the hardware troubleshooter?

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to use a PIN. I just want it to be there. It becomes even more of a pain if there are multiuser of a PC. Why have an option to never sign off if it does no work?

I may ell do another refresh. I as waiting for an image be produced for the Surface 3

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing slow video playback with no sound.
Yes.
In Facebook videos have slow playback,
In Youtube, videos crash with an unexpected error,
If you turn volume up or down with the buttons, the volume indication slider is very slow in response,
If you try to play a video with the build in TV and video app, it gives an error message that there is no audio device found.

But, if you connect a bluetooth speaker, all is working fine!

So this let me to think that it is indeed a driver issue, as tbsteph47 already mentioned.
After removing the internal speaker device it's driver in control panel, you can let W10 reinstall plug and play devices, this solved to problem for me, if not, remove the driver, and reboot your Surface.

it looks like the problem is the EDGE browser, because if I use IE, all is fine....

I've send feedback to windows.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss