Very strange touchscreen issue - a Surface possessed

Brad Allison

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I just had to return my Surface 3 for these following issues. I went to turn on the Surface 3 Sunday morning and it booted fine, but then it started opening up varied applications. I checked the display and it looked as if it thought I was touching the lower left corner of the display and it kept receiving input. I know this because it showed the white "circle" like when you are using the screen for touch. Being in the lower left corner, that is where the start button is, it thought I was selecting that and then would bring up the menu and continue to open applications. I actually was able to control that behavior by rotating the screen so that this "clicking" was in the upper right corner. I did a refresh of windows 10 and that still did not solve the problem. So I did a factory reset and it too did not solve the problem. Being a MS Assure client, I called up Microsoft. Being under warranty still, they are swapping it out and my possessed Surface now is in Texas (via FedEx). I hope they get my replacement to me soon as it feels now like when I leave my phone at home (which I did that yesterday too). Has anyone ever experienced an issue like this? MS chalked it up to a hardware issue, not a driver or software issue, which I agree.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I just had to return my Surface 3 for these following issues. I went to turn on the Surface 3 Sunday morning and it booted fine, but then it started opening up varied applications. I checked the display and it looked as if it thought I was touching the lower left corner of the display and it kept receiving input. I know this because it showed the white "circle" like when you are using the screen for touch. Being in the lower left corner, that is where the start button is, it thought I was selecting that and then would bring up the menu and continue to open applications. I actually was able to control that behavior by rotating the screen so that this "clicking" was in the upper right corner. I did a refresh of windows 10 and that still did not solve the problem. So I did a factory reset and it too did not solve the problem. Being a MS Assure client, I called up Microsoft. Being under warranty still, they are swapping it out and my possessed Surface now is in Texas (via FedEx). I hope they get my replacement to me soon as it feels now like when I leave my phone at home (which I did that yesterday too). Has anyone ever experienced an issue like this? MS chalked it up to a hardware issue, not a driver or software issue, which I agree.

It does look like hardware issue. Maybe that corner was too tight or something and the OS thought you were selecting something there

KBCrabbe

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Having the same issue, unfortunately I'm two months out of warranty so i'll have to pay to replace. must be a hardware issue i've reset, reloaded the drivers, recalibrated, all the restart methods all with no luck. definitely a design flaw. not impressed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar