Surface 3 battery issue need help

bullo75

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone I am new i've just bought a Surface 3 unfortunately I notice the battery Is crazy, I mean doing nothing it estimates 100% battery more than 8 Hours but as soon as I open firefox or Word or Skype it drops at 3 Hours and half and from 100% start go down quickly so i assume 3,5 Hours Is the right estimation but it should last 8 hours.
Someone can help me??? Thank you :crying:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you updated to the lastest firmware and OS? Last reports when 3 and 4 got firmware updates were that it fixed battery woes.

bullo75

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I am trying to update to 1511,10586 (I hope Is the list versione of Windows 10 Home) Is pretty slow (still 64%) , regarding the firmware i tried to update but failed...I'll let you know...by non so much for your advice

Smithy London

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
The intel Atom chip and non SSD means that the updates take longer than the Pro versions... That Surface 3 though is a very nice machine and I get 5-6 hours out of mine realistically. You should upgrade the USB power lead to a 19/20 AWG type lead... It gets rid of the issues with charging and then not charging!

I bought the Volutz Equilibrium Series high powered USB 19AWG leads

bullo75

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I upgrade windows and the firmware but the battery still drain as soon as i use Internet or word or other app the estiamtion go down....i checked task manager antimalware use 80% of my cpu could be that the reason?

bullo75

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
After several test the situation Is better, from 100% to 95% dropped quickly and estimated 4 hours battery live then dropped very slowly and estimated 9 Hours and some Times 11 hours, then it keeps an estimation on avarage of 7,5-8,5 hours also using word or Photoshop...the only problem Is when I browse on internet, the estimation of battery live Is between 3,5/4,5 Hours i Tried with firefox and edge, I notice that operino task manager antimalwere Is more than 50% of the cpu...some advice? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes