Win 10 Anniversary Update

tredmanz

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone got the anniversary update on their Surface 3?

Nothing showing in updates on mine and trying the update tool force method fails as it need 20Gb of space (I have the 64Gb model, so that's not possible....)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Nothing showing in updates on mine and trying the update tool force method fails as it need 20Gb of space (I have the 64Gb model, so that's not possible....)

Check the download page of Micorsoft, where is written "Celebrate anniversary with us". Don't follow fake sites!!! That's 3 GB download for 64bit versionn?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to a post by primortal in another tread, I went to the "learn more" link (located down the page from the "Check For Updates" dialog box); started the process. I ran into a "Something went wrong" error message, hit retry three times. 3rd time was the charm, and all went through; afterwards did another "check for updates"...and there was Firmware update 8/1, so I installed it too":^)

SP3 seems to be running great.... for the time being:)

Update: Here is primortal's post:

Nothing today via clicking Check for updates so a little below there was "Learn more" link which took me to Windows 10 update history page which provided a download to install the anniversary update.

The update went smoothly and after everything was completed, Windows Update had the 8/1 firmware update ready to install.

Alan Carratala

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

Hey! I had the exact same question about my own SP3 and I began to worry this morning when I read that there would be firmware updates for SP3s that already had the anniversary update. As it turns out, Microsoft is rolling out the update to the newer devices first. The link below staes, "You don?t have to do anything to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, it will roll out automatically to you through Windows Update if you?ve chosen to have updates installed automatically on your device...." Hence, there's nothing left to do but sit back and wait.

Cheers!
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/08/02/how-to-get-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
That's where I went and downloaded the tool, it then said I needed 20gb of space.

No tool! Just follow the link and select always "Update now ".
They made that dumb proof, I used media tool yesterday and I broke two notebooks update.
I started with the new update link, 2 notebooks back as out of the box!

jonharrell

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I tired that link and when it did the check at the beginning it saw that the surface was all good but then once I hit continue it give me error 80070070 which is not enough space. Enough though the pre check said I had enough space. Can't seem to get past that error though. Also have 25GB free space.

infinitylook

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I have the update now and it's zippy. For the battery i still have to observe it. One thing I noticed immediately is that now we can customize our surface 4 pen as well to launch other programs. This wasn't present yesterday. I noticed that battery information about the pen is lost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon