windows 10 anniversary update error 0x80070057 on Surface 3

paddy_pilani

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I am getting error 0x80070057 while trying to install anniversary update on windows 10 on surface 3.
Is anybody else facing the same issue? I saw some solution online for this error code involving registry editing. But I am not even able to do it. Getting error while editing registry.
Feeling really frustrated. The whole reason for me to buy costly Microsoft device is thinking everything might just work on it. How can they not test it even on all of their own devices? Simply sad how they handle releases..

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am getting error 0x80070057 while trying to install anniversary update on windows 10 on surface 3.
Is anybody else facing the same issue? I saw some solution online for this error code involving registry editing. But I am not even able to do it. Getting error while editing registry.
Feeling really frustrated. The whole reason for me to buy costly Microsoft device is thinking everything might just work on it. How can they not test it even on all of their own devices? Simply sad how they handle releases..

The update downloaded and installed well on my surface 3. So I'm sure you can get it working
Windows 10 Anniversary Update common problems and how to fix them | Windows Central - it mentions the error but no solution yet

Try this tool to see if it helps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I found the below solution in another post. I just tried it and it is working for me. As soon as it comes to the "Updating Windows 10", I disable WiFi in the quick access menu. It stopped at 2% for while, but then started going. It would never get past 2%.

The solution in above blog does start the installation process but then error again showed up at 2% mark. Then I came a very simple solution on internet, simply disable internet after verification process of downloaded files, just when the installation starts. After that process went on smoothly and my computer is now on anniversary update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...dows-update-0x80070057-error.html#post3533551

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
another solution that worked to unstick my Surface Pro 3 and install the Anniversary Update, was to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool which prompted my to download the tool to a thumbdrive (you need one at least 4gb large) which I then plugged into the USB port on my Surface Pro 3 and off it went and on came the Anniversary Update. For me, it had the added benefit for enabling me to also force the Anniversary Update on another PC, and older desktop.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ftware-download%2Fwindows10%2F&token=T95KTN-m

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes