Surface laptop: is it worth it?

akul joshi

May 14, 2017
Visit site
The brand new surface laptop has drawn the eyes of many when it was released a few days ago. Microsoft has finally made a traditional clamshell laptop which is aimed at students. The features are pretty impressive but the laptop will give you a run for your money. With other premium laptops still in the market, is surface laptop really worth the price one pays for it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No

Basically it also depends on what you want in your laptop. My taste isn't exactly conventional so the Surface Laptop won't fit me, but it'll fit zlat as you can see.

no_where_man

May 15, 2017
Visit site
For me seems to be very expensive, giving the fact that it has no way to expand disk space with a microSD.
Then if you need more that 256Gb, you have to pay a lot!

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I think the bigger story here is Windows S, which OTHER manufacturers will put on laptops and 2 in 1s, that will be MUCH more affordable.

ryankelsey7

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Some say the S stands for stupid and is a glaring blemish on a tarnished system. They say its lacking full windows. But this IS whole fat windows. Just in a safe sand box. I say its a great idea to put desktop programs in the store to help control the quality and the stability of the OS. For years thats been the issue with windows. It runs but it never really runs great for long before you are bombarded with disease from the net. Especially if you have kids using it. I think the main benefit of the Surface laptop is that you can do everything you really need to do with a full computer without worrying about ransomware attacks like the ones happening right now. I think people should give it a chance. Give me a surface laptop and Ill show all my friends what they could be missing.

Lobbie1978

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'd rather spend more on a Laptop that is fully tailored to the Operating System (like with Apple MacBook's for example) than to pay less and buy a mediocre device from a 3rd party OEM. I mean, all of the Surface products are pieces of pure quality. I happen to like quality and I happen to like Microsoft, so it's a no brainer for me. If I'd had the cash that is... Which I obviously don't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon