Surface Laptop Go 3 review: The best 12-inch Windows 11 laptop?

tennisfreak

Oct 5, 2023
Visit site
Well you tried your best to put this laptop in a positive light.

But the reality is this laptop is a dumpster fire at this price point and there is ZERO reason to recommend or buy it.

Too little, with too many compromises, for far far too much.

Besides the dozens of Windows laptops that are better buys than this you can get an M1 Macbook air cheaper than this laptop!

Reactions: naddy69

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
"The best 12-inch Windows laptop?"

To me, there is no such thing a good 12" Windows laptop. 12" is just too small for Windows. My current company-provided work laptop is 14". While it otherwise has very good specs (12 core i7, 512GB SSD, 32GB RAM, backlit keyboard) even a 14" screen is too small. I can't get anything done on it until I connect it to an external monitor.

Screen size matters. My current personal Windows laptop is 17.3", is 6 years old and has a backlit keyboard. My new MacBook Pro is 16.2" and of course has a backlit keyboard.

$800 (or $1250?? WTH?) for a 12" laptop without a backlit keyboard is absurd. I also would not recommend this to anyone that I wanted to remain friends with.

Last edited:

waynejk

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Your Microsoft Store link for $1249 (!) goes to the "Business" website, which I guesssss explains the high price tag?? In any case there IS a consumer model available thru Microsoft for the same $799. Maybe this is US only?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria