Is the surface Laptop really the best representation of windows 10 S due to its price point.

clintroymkt

May 19, 2017
Visit site
The Surface Laptop seems to be a pretty impressive piece of hardware and it is definitely deserving of the Surface moniker. However with the initial advertisement of windows 10 S seemingly being for a more educational focus on things , is the surface laptop really the best device to use as a sort of "flagship" for this? I mean I get that it does appeal to students but considering that windows 10 S devices are meant to beat chromebooks which are mostly super cheap machines can the surface Laptop really be considered as the best contender for that. Just because google has the chromebook pixel doesn't mean microsoft should rush to follow suit after all. Not to forget a lot of people would probably use the free upgrade to Pro option.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so, Surface Laptop is a competent entry into the ultrabook market to sit alongside the Macbook.

I feel that on one hand it is an odd device to launch 10 S with, but I think Microsoft wants to introduce 10 S first, because it benefits the Store strategically, leave the lower-end of the market for other manufacturers as they have been doing and still promote 10 S as an educational-friendly OS.

Nowhere would I deploy these laptops to students though. (I've seen the horrors my peers rendered upon the hardier Dell Latitude D500's)

May 15, 2017
Visit site
i feel windows 10s is meant to better compete with chromeOS. but at the same time not the surface laptop. the surface laptop is more of a proof of concept device that allows people see what is possible for windows 10s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon