Surface Pro 2 Sold Out

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just barely sold my surface pro to upgrade to the 2. Went to the Microsoft store and they are all sold out of every model of the pro 2. They don't have any covers 2 in stock either. Is demand really high or did ms not make enough?

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Has Microsoft made any mention of when another batch will be ready? I keep seeing December 15 mentioned, but I don't really know where this is coming from. Really want to get the 512GB.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Type cover 2 is finally in stock online at microsoftstore.com. Except blue is sold out right now. I ordered a pro 2 when the site said dec 15, and got it last week, so it might not be as long a wait at it says.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Type cover 2 is finally in stock online at microsoftstore.com. Except blue is sold out right now. I ordered a pro 2 when the site said dec 15, and got it last week, so it might not be as long a wait at it says.

I chalk it up to BS marketing. Anytime between now and Dec 15 is valid for their statement of "ships by Dec 15". There are normally plenty in stock at my local Best Buy.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I chalk it up to BS marketing. Anytime between now and Dec 15 is valid for their statement of "ships by Dec 15". There are normally plenty in stock at my local Best Buy.

No, I was calling the Microsoft store since launch to see if any were in (before my preorder arrived early), but they were always sold out. Which models did your Best Buy have? It's the 256 GB one that is sold out.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
128gb is gone now too on microsoftstore.com

Im seeing the same here on Microsofts Canada store...with only 64GB in stock. Seriously, the 64GB model should be the least manufactured model since its likely a person buying this device would get a minimum 128GB model. They should just get rid of the remaining Pro 1 64GB model to cover that angle and manufacture the 128/256/512 for Pro 2. And ya, it seems like marketing more than anything.

txDrum

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
sd card < msata
...its not even a contest ...you're talking 30 mbps vs 300 mbps

Well its megabytes, not megabits. Big difference. And its anywhere from 40-100 depending on if its read or write on the SD card, but you are right that SSDs are much faster. But while you can get a 64GB SSD for $45 dollars, upgrading from 64GB to 128GB is $100. And going to 256 is even more, since they add in RAM. The 128GB or 256GB surface pros are still the best deal to me though, like you said. But SD cards are a nice alternative - especially on the Surface 2. I'm getting my sister a 32GB + 64GB SD for $450 all said and done (student discount! :D) which is more storage than a 64GB Surface 2 that would have cost me $500 after student discount.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
And sir, what are doing where you are needing that speed difference. I moved my Steam folder to my SD card and guess what, it works fine. So your quoted specs mean nothing if you can't see any real world difference.

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought a surface pro 2 yesterday but will be returning it. The model with 256GB and 8GB ram. I am not too happy with the device. It's more a laptop than a tablet.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought a surface pro 2 yesterday but will be returning it. The model with 256GB and 8GB ram. I am not too happy with the device. It's more a laptop than a tablet.

Because it isn't meant to be a tablet? It's a "tablet", with the power of a laptop. You need to specify what other reason why you don't like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3