Surface Pro 3 (worth the upgrade?)

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I hear its out in August in the UK - will have tome to read and make a decision. From what ive seen and read so far its a resounding Yes please ill take 10! but time will tell. We still don't have the Power Cover in the UK for SP2 :/

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
No way will I upgrade. But I upgrade off need and not want. My SP2 still does everything I need it to do.

I do wonder if that SP2 will support that new fancy pen. Looks like it'll be more precise that the current pen. I'm eager to find out more information.

The screen is a different technology and doesn't use Walcom screen. I wonder if it is compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I will upgrade if there is a good trade in offer, I am already $1600-1700into my surface pro 1, bought the Microsoft complete package which included the type cover 1, complete, a bag, I later bought an extra pen, surface mouse and a power cover. I normally upgrade my laptops every 4 years. Probably 2016 for me

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I think I read something that said retail availability on June 20. And if it's like Surface Pros past, that probably means realistic availability of useful configurations loosening up sometime by the end of summer.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Will most likely be a worth upgrade from my Surface Pro 1. Anyone know when it will be in stores?

Honestly it doesn't do anything your surface pro 1 can't do (software side) :) if you have the $$$ I'd say go for it!

Matthew C

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Ya, it depends if i have enough money to get it. The main things I like is the bigger screen, better battery life, and more functional kickstand. My surface pro's battery life has gone down to about 4 hours of minimal use and screen brightness all the way down. I'll definitely wait a while after it is released to see reviews.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Pre-order and availability

Starting at an estimated retail price of just $799, Surface Pro 3 will be offered in multiple configurations featuring 4th-generation Intel? Core™ i3, i5 and i7 processors. Specs are available here.

Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro Type Cover and Surface Pen will be available for pre-order starting May 21 at 12:01 a.m. EDT through Microsoftstore.com, Microsoft retail stores and select third-party retailers. Commercial customers should speak to their authorized reseller.

Beginning June 20 in Canada and the United States, customers can visit Microsoftstore.com, Microsoft retail stores, select third-party retailers and commercial resellers to purchase Intel? Core™ i5 Surface Pro 3 and select accessories. Additional configurations will become available during August, and additional accessories will be available in the next few months.

By the end of August, Surface Pro 3 and select new accessories will become available for purchase in 26 additional markets, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Kingdom.

Full article here: Microsoft introduces Surface Pro 3: the tablet that can replace your laptop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes