battery usage report not showing battery life estimate, help!

benchallenger

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I bought and turned on my surface pro 3 when I make the battery usage report from powercfg, it does not show the estimate battery life left or what's actually been used. The very first entry thinks the date is 2018 then goes to normal - I wonder if this effects it. Ive only had it in use a couple of days. Anyone know how to reset battery stats or if this will sort itself out after a few more days go buy? Everything else seems to be ok apart from the occasional connected standby issue and the Facebook metro app always showing up in reliability report.

See below:
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 10

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Because the SP3 has the InstantGo feature, the battery estimate also goes away (for reasons I wouldn't have a clue about, I think Daniel mentions it in his SP3 review)

Intrepid00

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
You would need to disable InstantGo to do a battery report which kind of defeats the purchase of one its great new features. You can instead use powercfg /sleepstudy if you have a drain. InstantGo is kind of new for 8.1 and so Microsoft just hasn't gotten API yet that guess remaining life. Hopefully it is coming though in a Update to 8.1 or next big Windows update.

Honestly though I haven't worried about it because I haven't ran out yet. It is basically to the point I see no reason to keep my Surface 2 though I do love it. Maybe I'll turn it into an expensive picture frame and hook it up to my Flickr Photostream.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You would need to disable InstantGo to do a battery report which kind of defeats the purchase of one its great new features. You can instead use powercfg /sleepstudy if you have a drain. InstantGo is kind of new for 8.1 and so Microsoft just hasn't gotten API yet that guess remaining life. Hopefully it is coming though in a Update to 8.1 or next big Windows update.

Honestly though I haven't worried about it because I haven't ran out yet. It is basically to the point I see no reason to keep my Surface 2 though I do love it. Maybe I'll turn it into an expensive picture frame and hook it up to my Flickr Photostream.

I have InstantGo enabled and I can pull a battery report with no problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos