Remove the recovery partition, yet unable to use the 7G space?

fancy0479

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone backing up their recovery partition to a usb drive then delete/remove it on your Pro3?
I heard even you remove it, the 7GB space won't automatically combine with Drive C, coz there's a 350mb space inbetween.

Anyone encountered this problem?
How to backup and remove the recovery partition to let the 7GB space automatically combine with Drive C's space?

Thanks in advance!

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My first question is, how did you manage to copy the contents of the recovery partition to a USB drive? I go into my disk management and see the partition, but can't assign it a drive letter.

fancy0479

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My first question is, how did you manage to copy the contents of the recovery partition to a USB drive? I go into my disk management and see the partition, but can't assign it a drive letter.

Try searching in Settings for "Recovery", look for something like "Create a Recovery disk".

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
If you want to add space to c drive then you will need the order in this way c->free space 1->d->free space 2.
You cant add free space 2 to c drive via disk mangment utility cause it need to be contiguous with the drive.
You need to use a 3rd party partition manager.I personally use aomei partition assitant and it is very easy as well as free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes