Google Chrome for SP3/Metro Interface?

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Looks the registry change no longer works, I can set the value to 1 but when I re-open regedit the value is set to "2" again. Any ideas?
I've been digging IE11 but I do work at home which requires a CAC login and IE11 has some serious issues with websites I need to access... Chrome works just fine without any hair pulling.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Use Firefox. It's better on the battery life by significant amount over Chrome, almost as fast, consumes less memory, better add-on environment, supports next gen web technologies such as Animated PNG's and color managed images for the best web experience, and solid, high-DPI aware (just the buttons images are a bit blurry, but website, text and menus, all sharp)
However, no metro version, no smooth zoom-in (requires to update their rendering engine, based on what they say, which is time consuming process, so sadly, it will take time)

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
just give Chrome a rest. Google gives Windows users an FU with everything they do... their main job is to get you to switch over to ChromeOS and Android. They're never going to take full advantage of any Windows features because it's not in their interest.

The only reason they have to support Apple/iOS is because the market share is so great. They refuse to do anything great in Windows because they know that they are the ones in a position of power. Apple already pisses on Windows users with a horrible version of iTunes. They'd dump iTunes for Windows if not for the fact that virtually no one uses OS X.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
just give Chrome a rest. Google gives Windows users an FU with everything they do... their main job is to get you to switch over to ChromeOS and Android. They're never going to take full advantage of any Windows features because it's not in their interest.

The only reason they have to support Apple/iOS is because the market share is so great. They refuse to do anything great in Windows because they know that they are the ones in a position of power. Apple already pisses on Windows users with a horrible version of iTunes. They'd dump iTunes for Windows if not for the fact that virtually no one uses OS X.

Very true.
And in addition, you have 0 privacy, even if you use the web browser in private mode. As per the license agreement, it states that everything you do is being collected and associated the moment you use a Google service. For example, if you use GMail, you have your real name for e-mails, so now it has everything you surf about, associated with your name. Information that you allow Google to sale, or do what they want.

Just read it, and you'll see.

Chrome used to be much faster, but Firefox and heck even IE catch up big time. The only reason why they are not as fats, is that they don't tricks like Chrome which prevent the CPU for going to sleep, even if you have the web browser minimized, to be always quick and fast. That is cheating, making desktop and laptop be hotter and noisier, and consume more power (electricity isn't free).

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Well you can't knock Google and Apple for not supporting MS when the WP version of many apps are inferior to the ios/android counterparts!

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Metro mode Chrome, launches Chrome OS made in metro. Unless things changed recently, I recall being more CPU and memory intensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen