Need Screen to Turn Off after certain delay BUT NOT SLEEP!

machx

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I have already turned off Connected Standby. I KNOW there has to be a way to get back the ability to make separate settings for sleeping / turning off the display. Will someone please help? this is driving me insane :(

To be clear, I want to have the display ONLY turn off after 3 minutes, but NEVER sleep my device.

Thank you!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have already turned off Connected Standby. I KNOW there has to be a way to get back the ability to make separate settings for sleeping / turning off the display. Will someone please help? this is driving me insane :(

To be clear, I want to have the display ONLY turn off after 3 minutes, but NEVER sleep my device.

Thank you!
Enabling/installing Hyper-V will completely disable Connected Standby and place the device in more of a standard PC mode but it will not recreate the default Windows power plans. Last I checked they need to be manually recreated using powercfg.exe. I don't have those instructions handy though and generally avoid providing them directly anyway since I never know whether the person really has the experience to do what they want to do. Aiding and abetting people in crashing their machines is something I try to avoid. The instructions, however, are pretty easy to find if you really want to proceed. I generally find stuff on TechNet to be useful since it is more thoroughly explained and/or reliable rather than just being third party hacks that should have a flashing neon warning proceed at your own risk.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
A change of a registry key and a system restart exposes all the legacy power configuration functionality by disabling Connected Standby...

Open regedit.exe​

Navigate to...

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled​

Change the value from "1" to "0", then restart Windows.

This would effectively make the SP3 behave like the SP1, SP2, and most laptops in regards to power management. For a power user that *might* be desirable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac