I have already turned off Connected Standby. I KNOW there has to be a way to get back the ability to make separate settings for sleeping / turning off the display. Will someone please help? this is driving me insane :(

To be clear, I want to have the display ONLY turn off after 3 minutes, but NEVER sleep my device.

Thank you!
    08-08-2014 11:15 AM
    I have already turned off Connected Standby. I KNOW there has to be a way to get back the ability to make separate settings for sleeping / turning off the display. Will someone please help? this is driving me insane :(

To be clear, I want to have the display ONLY turn off after 3 minutes, but NEVER sleep my device.

Thank you!
    Enabling/installing Hyper-V will completely disable Connected Standby and place the device in more of a standard PC mode but it will not recreate the default Windows power plans. Last I checked they need to be manually recreated using powercfg.exe. I don't have those instructions handy though and generally avoid providing them directly anyway since I never know whether the person really has the experience to do what they want to do. Aiding and abetting people in crashing their machines is something I try to avoid. The instructions, however, are pretty easy to find if you really want to proceed. I generally find stuff on TechNet to be useful since it is more thoroughly explained and/or reliable rather than just being third party hacks that should have a flashing neon warning proceed at your own risk.
    08-08-2014 06:16 PM
    A change of a registry key and a system restart exposes all the legacy power configuration functionality by disabling Connected Standby...

Open regedit.exe

Navigate to...

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled

Change the value from "1" to "0", then restart Windows.

This would effectively make the SP3 behave like the SP1, SP2, and most laptops in regards to power management. For a power user that *might* be desirable.
    08-08-2014 09:01 PM