SP3 with windows 10 hot and the fan don't stop

homeedition88

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Just go back to windows 8.1 then and wait a while for more updates rollout for Win 10. They're still working on making things work better.Because Microsoft is "betting the Farm" on Windows 10.
I did it today and now I remember how it works like a charm under 8.1. In the world of Microsoft I think it is still the motto "If it works don't touch it."

I am so done with windows 10...

homeedition88

May 22, 2012
Visit site

This is my problem list and my struggle to found a solution :))

System - System Interrupts
It fixed with reinstall the latest firmware manually. Otherwise it consumes cpu constantly %20 percent even without any active work.

Service Host Local System
I couldn't find any solution for this one. I tried to eject Sdcard, disabling bitlocker, disabling SuperFetch. Nope still came periodically without any reason (no update, no windows defender scan at the background no nothing)

Battery Life and Charging Time
Without any sdcard or other 3 party extension (type keyboard, Bluetooth mouse or other device) it consume more than win 8.1. 4 or maybe 5 hours with wifi and web browsing. The strange part is it also recharge very slowly. Normally in sleep mode with windows 8.1 it will recharge faster than windows 10. (Of course with original adapter)

At the end I did look for the computer management error log files and found there are kernel based error all over. I bought this device to use it not to fix it's problems I decided to go back to windows 8.1. Now it works just fine. Good battery life, no unnecessary fan kick, no extra heat.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Just sorted both my SP3 and my wife's Surface Pro overheating problem thanks to another user (Will credit later when I have more time).

I found that Runtime Broker was always running at over %20 in task manager (Hey Cortana, run task manager).

Head into settings, system, notifications and turn off "show me tip about windows".

My fan stopped almost immediately :smile:

The same command showed no overheating or mass CPU usage on my Stream 7 or desktop, so it looks like a Surface problem.

Credit for Xankazo for this thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/371571-rutime-broker-taking-up-10%-cpu-constantly.html

This seem to work so far. Thanks!

CartonicMike

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Just updated my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10 and the fan kicked in and device got hot. Looked like service host: local running away with itself. Maybe indexing services. I read a post about PDF indexing issues.

Upgraded to the latest 64 bit Adobe reader - problem solved.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I need help with this too. With Windows 8.1 my Pro 3 was my favorite device, but this overheating/constant fan issue on Win10 has gotten me to the point where I really don't even want to use it anymore because it just pisses me off. It's really a shame. How can they expect Win10 to succeed when they can't even get it right on their flagship device? There's got to be some sort of solution to this...

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Heat is an issue w w10. Ive never felt or experienced this before. Burning hot. Fan on constantly. Battery life almost half and least but not least 7 and 5% procent battery warnings come right after each other and it dies within 10seconds after first notice, dont even have time to connect powercable. Connect it to power and it crashes on beijg turned on. It has to charge 5 minutes before i can get it to boot all the way.

Louis Preaux

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Sorry if I repeat what other people might have said, as I did not read the full discussion, however, my overheating issue disappeared by reinstalling Windows 10 from USB using the Microsoft too, then fine windows updates. No more overheating. I inky hear my fan while doing intensive stuff such as big projects denying on visual studio. Hope that helps.

drmodify

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Well I did that too a clean wipe from ground zero and still the fan is on most of the time.. I can't hear the fan when the A/C is on but when its off, man the fan is really annoying. In windows 8 I had 8 hours On screen time, now its just 3-4 hours hence I conclude that It really is win 10 doing this, some unpolished things causing maybe some processing leaks or something

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital