10-23-2019 10:42 AM
53 123
tools
    Surface Pro 4, both current Insider build and current retail release, plus new Surface Dock and 2 monitors. Using Amazon Basics MiniDP to HDMI adapters (also tried a Belkin). Will not drive both screens--lots of screen flickering craziness. SOMETIMES works, mostly doesn't. Fully updated too. Rather frustrating.

I had the same problem, even after going into Microsoft and having them update and troubleshoot. I am also out of warranty... I decided to use a USB to VGA adapter with the Surface Dock and external monitor. It works just like it should. Obviously not ideal, but its better than trashing your dock. I have the Eberry USB 3.0 to VGA and after installing the driver when I got it, works fine so far.
    11-01-2018 11:18 PM
    Surface Pro 4, both current Insider build and current retail release, plus new Surface Dock and 2 monitors. Using Amazon Basics MiniDP to HDMI adapters (also tried a Belkin). Will not drive both screens--lots of screen flickering craziness. SOMETIMES works, mostly doesn't. Fully updated too. Rather frustrating.
    I just started using the latest gen dock with my SP4 and the same happened. Blinking for a few minutes.
    I think what was happening is the video driver was cycling over what connections to use. Went to both of my monitors of different makes and changed from auto search for input to a fixed hdmi input only (hopefully your monitor will let you manually set the input). Blinked a few times after a reboot, then no more blinking ever again. Even after going home and connecting to another monitor which I also manually set for hdmi input only.
    All trial and error. I hope this step might help.
    10-08-2019 08:23 AM
    Have you looked in the settings, tried to reinstall the driver?
    At first I tried to use a direct connection, then I connected through the docking station and everything is ok. It seems to me that there is some sort of software obscuration conflict.
    If you need a docking station, you can click to read more here.
    I hope to come in handy.
    10-23-2019 10:42 AM
53 123