I plug in a usb stick, I loose wifi

SsSteveYorks

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have a Lexar USB thumb stick, when its plugged in my WiFi disconnects and I can no longer surf the web. It's ok if I have my little Bluetooth receiver plugged in for my Logitech mouse. Is this a known issue?

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have a Lexar USB thumb stick, when its plugged in my WiFi disconnects and I can no longer surf the web. It's ok if I have my little Bluetooth receiver plugged in for my Logitech mouse. Is this a known issue?

2.4Ghz or 5Ghz RFI interference from junky thumb drive (in tight quarters). Try a different brand. Not much other than the thumb-drive bites and was not designed well. Yes its known that lexar is junk.

Stick with Sandisk/Patriot

SsSteveYorks

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Oh!?? And I did loads of homework before I purchased this drive, it had loads of good reviews for speed and quality and reliability. Of course some bad reviews too from individual reviewers on Amazon etc, but then thats also true for Sandisc and others.
Ive another drive I can dig out and try, will update shortly.

SsSteveYorks

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I've tried an old sandisc thumb drive and that works fine with the wifi. So that's sorted now. I'm sure other people could have this same problem in the future, and I don't know if the blame lies with dodgy thumb drives, or the surface pro design.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I've tried an old sandisc thumb drive and that works fine with the wifi. So that's sorted now. I'm sure other people could have this same problem in the future, and I don't know if the blame lies with dodgy thumb drives, or the surface pro design.

Its dodgy thumb drives in a small device with components close together, most well made drives are made not to emit interference..lexar not so much. It'll be fine in other larger devices with more spacing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon