International warranty and Microsoft Customer Services

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I asked Microsoft Hong Kong and Japan but I cannot get a straight answer. I work in several countries. If I buy the SP4 in HK (Japan), can I get the device repaired free of charge in Japan (HK) as well as other countries?

For the Macbook Pro, it is very good to get Apple Care due to the very good customer services. Is there a Microsoft version of Apple Care? Is it worth to get it?

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
When I bought my Surface Pro 4 from Fortress in Hong Kong, the salesman said this warranty is for Hong Kong. He was trying to let me know indirectly that there is no international warranty. I am an Indian and I am born and brought up in Hong Kong so I explained to the sales guy that I only need HK warranty. I believe the stock in Hong Kong covers warranty in Hong Kong and China only. You need to call Microsoft's Customer Service in Hong Kong. Chances are that you may get connected to a rep in China which is a nightmare.

eatqqq

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I want to know the answer too... I'm from Hongkong, now in USA doing business trip and deciding if I shall buy it or not here....

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
They offer Microsoft Complete, which is comparable to Apple Care Plus. Unfortunately I don't what the international warranty situation is for SP4. I can tell you I bought an unlocked, imported Lumia 930 (HK country variant) from Expansys USA and Microsoft will not help me. So get confirmation from multiple sources if you can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes