Surface pro 4 charger issues

ryankelsey7

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have been having problems using the usb charging port on my sp4 charging brick. For some reason, It won't charge them both without issues. For one, the indicator light blinks on and off and my phone indicates charging intermittently. And since my power settings are different for battery and when plugged in my display cycles between dim and bright. Funny thing is this doesn't happen when I charge my phone through the sp4 usb port, but I don't want to hog my usb port when I could be using it for data. My phone is a lumia 1520. When I plug it in with my SP1 I don't have this issue. The whole point of the usb port on the charging brick is so it can charge a phone.

Anyone know why I can't charge my phone this way?

cgranier

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. SP4 and Samsung Note 4.

If I'm only charging the phone, it will beep and screen-flash every so often... If I'm charging both, my SP4 screen will go from bright to dark over and over, and the indicator will cycle between charging and not charging.

Removing the phone from the equation fixes things.

jrhurley

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue charging anything with the charger's USB port. in fact the screen does go from dim to bright and for the first time I am seeing issues with charging the surface itself. after this incident my SP4 would not charge. I had it plugged in to power and watching hulu, when I was done I was socked to see the charge was at 7 % even though it was plugged in (charging icon showed the charger was connected but no charging was occurring).

I had to shutdown the SP4 totally and let it sit overnight on the charger to get it to charge. now I am concerned that the battery now has issues too. we will see and I will never plug anything into the brick charger again.

billgraingerhiho

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I have the same charging issue with the usb charging port on the pro 4 charging brick. My Sony Xperia Z Ultra cycles power on/off continuously when plugged into the port. I reported this to surface support and received a replacement brick. It does the same thing. My wife's iphone 6 plus has no problem Charging on this port.! Will keep you posted on progress.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes