Resolution of External Monitor?

Matt_85

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Resolution of External Monitor

I have a Surface Pro 4 that I am using the Surface Dock to connect to an external monitor. I am using a Mini DP to HDMI cable to connect the monitor and dock. The resolution of the external monitor is not very good even after increasing the magnification. I am using a 32" Sharp monitor that had great resolution on my old laptop. Any recommendations?

Idelgado782

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Resolution of External Monitor

What is the resolution of your monitor? I just recently bought a Samsung 32" 1080p tv to use as a monitor and experienced some issues with resolution as well. The letters were so pixelated I hated it. What I discovered though was in order to get the best resolution from a monitor when connected to the SP4 you really want a monitor that outputs at 1440p or higher. I ended up getting a dell S2715H IPS monitor at 1080p, I can still see some pixilation but nowhere near as bad as the Samsung. I wish I could afford a 1440 or 4k monitor though. I got the dell for $199 because it was open box from Microcenter but it was brand new practically. They go for $261 at Amazon and $300 from best buy so for the price I paid I'll live with the minor pixilation. Have you gone into display settings and tried to sign out and readjust?

Misterb

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm running a 50" 4K screen, and it looks great. Double check your cable to make sure it isn't the weakest link. It might not support the resolution you're needing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes