Problem with Photoshop

rmk11

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey, I was advised to post this in here so here it goes...when im doing any drawing in photoshop pretty much every line has a little tick at the very start of it, which obviously ruins any drawing. It seems to be worst when doing diagonal lines but straight ones still have it the majority of times. I thought it could be possibly something to do with my drawing style but this dosent happen on my Cintiq monitor or any other tablet ive ever owned.
Lines.jpg
Ive hopefully attached an image of the problem, as you can see nearly every line has the stupid tick. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated guys.
Cheers

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for posting this - I think it has to do with the sensitivity of the pen and the way you use it. Does it happen with any other app that you use?

rmk11

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
The only other drawing apps I have available on the pro 4 atm are paint (dosent have pressure sensitivity) and fresh paint but it dosent happen on either of them. Also it dosent happen on the handwriting keyboard or the box to test the pen sensitivity in the surface app, if they're of any use too. Thank you btw

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Looks like you are setting the pen on the screen then moving in the direction you want. Like Chintan said, reduce the sensitivity, and/or make sure your pen is moving in the direction of your stroke before it touches the screen; and try to ease onto the screen with the stroke.

rmk11

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I have changed the pen to every sensitivity under the sun (in the surface app, don't think there's somewhere else?) and it makes little to no difference unfortunatly. I tried using the pen differently as you said to no avail and besides the problem still occurs when other people use the device so it cant be a fault with how im drawing.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have changed the pen to every sensitivity under the sun (in the surface app, don't think there's somewhere else?) and it makes little to no difference unfortunatly. I tried using the pen differently as you said to no avail and besides the problem still occurs when other people use the device so it cant be a fault with how im drawing.

then the problem lies with photoshop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon