I HATE Microsoft

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You know, I was really excited when i bought my new laptop and I couldn't be happier up until now. But because of the Surface Pro 3, I now hate my month old $1500 Toshiba KIRAbook.

In all seriousness though, I love my laptop, but the Surface Pro 3 looks incredible and IMO is the best Ultrabook/convertible hands down. Just had to get that out there :)

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You should know that just about every year there will be a new surface around this time of year. So unless you're looking for something cheep, don't buy between Jan and July.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You should know that just about every year there will be a new surface around this time of year. So unless you're looking for something cheep, don't buy between Jan and July.
Lol it has just been about 6 months. That isn't a years time. And saying around this time of year isn't a good answer especially when you stretch it for 6 months. If you go by 2 month period of time the surface pro or pro 2 were not released around this time. Don't mean to be rude but I don't find your advice to be very good. If you want the latest, buy it when it is released to keep up. Otherwise you will be left behind. Tech is constantly changing so unless you have the money it is impossible to keep up.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Whoa! No way the Kira book is awesome.

You know, I was really excited when i bought my new laptop and I couldn't be happier up until now. But because of the Surface Pro 3, I now hate my month old $1500 Toshiba KIRAbook.

In all seriousness though, I love my laptop, but the Surface Pro 3 looks incredible and IMO is the best Ultrabook/convertible hands down. Just had to get that out there :)

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Lol it has just been about 6 months. That isn't a years time. And saying around this time of year isn't a good answer especially when you stretch it for 6 months. If you go by 2 month period of time the surface pro or pro 2 were not released around this time. Don't mean to be rude but I don't find your advice to be very good. If you want the latest, buy it when it is released to keep up. Otherwise you will be left behind. Tech is constantly changing so unless you have the money it is impossible to keep up.
All i'm saying is that stuff comes out every year. If you get something, something cooler will come out in 6 months. That's all. But that's why i'm just sticking with the surface line. I don't need to upgrade every year because even the original pro was nice.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I've had my original Surface Pro for almost a year and three months now and I'm starting to wish I waited! Not like I could've survived without it for that year and three months but still...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I just got a brand new Dell laptop from work last month.... but I sure wont mind getting this slim SP3baby for myself,.....

Infamy79

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
The SP2 was released about 6 months ago and I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft move up their refresh schedule to be more than every 12 months. Especially so when you consider the new Broadwell chips are due out before the end of the year, a mini Surface is still due and the Surface 2 needs a refresh before the end of the year.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Me personally, I was really looking forward to a Surface Mini. Totally prepares to buy it at launch. I know some people think now that Microsoft won't because of the SP3 and they're going after a more "high end" productive market and a "cheap" Surface would contradict that. I disagree there. For one, for 8" Windows tablets, there's no winner. None catch my eye, and Microsoft could make one for real productivity. Also, as far as "low end" goes, look at the iPad Mini. Does that scream low end to you? And it's not like they would he making a piece of plasticy junk. Microsoft can make a smaller productivity tablet that isn't "cheap" for a reasonably price very easily, and I am still hopeful...

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The SP2 was released about 6 months ago and I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft move up their refresh schedule to be more than every 12 months. Especially so when you consider the new Broadwell chips are due out before the end of the year, a mini Surface is still due and the Surface 2 needs a refresh before the end of the year.

That would be awesome. Sure it's not nice to have something new in your face 6 months after buying a product. But on the other hand you'll know that something even better will be out 6 months after that. It's an awesome world we live in. I love these products.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Me personally, I was really looking forward to a Surface Mini. Totally prepares to buy it at launch. I know some people think now that Microsoft won't because of the SP3 and they're going after a more "high end" productive market and a "cheap" Surface would contradict that. I disagree there. For one, for 8" Windows tablets, there's no winner. None catch my eye, and Microsoft could make one for real productivity. Also, as far as "low end" goes, look at the iPad Mini. Does that scream low end to you? And it's not like they would he making a piece of plasticy junk. Microsoft can make a smaller productivity tablet that isn't "cheap" for a reasonably price very easily, and I am still hopeful...

Would you have bought a Surface Mini running Windows RT for $350? A Surface Mini running Windows x86 for $399? (at the minimum, maybe even higher) But even more important, how big is the market for a premium 8" tablet?

From the very beginning Microsoft was going for the "high-end" with the Surface line of products. The 32GB Surface RT debuted at $499. The Surface Pro 3 is not a "start" at going after the high-end, just the latest iteration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes