Surface Pro 3 Firmware Updates

sahilln

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Long press the Windows button on your desktop (or hold the stylus on it and tap the upper mouse button). Open Control Panel. Open Windows Update. Tap Check for updates in the upper-left corner of the Windows Update dialog box. See if you have any updates to install.

Nope. No updates :/

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
They did get on it today....:evil:

Ummm.... Nope. Still not fixed. I have to turn wifi off and back on every time I restart or wake from sleep. And this morning the only update is a defender definitions update. No other updates available, and I did not get a firmware update.

EDIT: Now I see the above post that says not all Surfaces get the updates at the same time. That's not cool.

KillerFry

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else get the touch/pen disabled with the last Firmware update?

EDIT - It seems a Shutdown fixed it. Not a Restart, mind you, but a Shutdown. All is good, now.

Last edited:

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is, "wow."

My SP3 is running perfectly now. Again, I thought it was "fine" before, but type cover, WiFi, everything is working perfectly for me now.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't seen a firmware update show up in Windows Update. Why would it take this long to roll an update out. At the very most, I have only gotten defender definition updates. This is becoming very irritating.

I really don't think the downloadable update pack from Microsoft's website is a solution. It doesn't have anything but the bare driver, no way to easily install them but individually.

sahilln

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I still haven't seen a firmware update show up in Windows Update. Why would it take this long to roll an update out. At the very most, I have only gotten defender definition updates. This is becoming very irritating.

I really don't think the downloadable update pack from Microsoft's website is a solution. It doesn't have anything but the bare driver, no way to easily install them but individually.

I'm in the same boat. Wish they would hurry!

LazyEvul

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Still no firmware update here either. I haven't been affected very significantly by any issues however, so I'm not in a rush, but it is odd that the rollout is taking so long.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Now that I think about it, last month I got the firmware update the day after Patch Tuesday, even though I'd installed all the updates on Patch Tuesday.

tlchiam

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I installed the firmware update last night and got a message in the update history that it failed with error code 8024CE25. Checked knowledge base and contacted support but no help. Microsoft's support was useless - I spent over an hour trying to convince them I really got a "update failed" message including sending them a screen shot but we just went round and round in circles. The failed update is no longer showing up in my update list even when I pressed check updates. Does anyone have the same issue? Any help is appreciated

Danielo290881

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Got a Surface Pro 3 here in Germany. Tuesday Evening i got the firmware Update, but i did a total reset yesterday and until today i have no firmware update again, too.

sahilln

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, my WiFi keeps dropping every 30 mins and it makes the surface barely useable for school. I guess I may return since Microsoft doesn't seem to push out updates to everyone for some reason. Makes no sense. It's been two days.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, my WiFi keeps dropping every 30 mins and it makes the surface barely useable for school. I guess I may return since Microsoft doesn't seem to push out updates to everyone for some reason. Makes no sense. It's been two days.

I don't think WiFi dropping is one of the issues though... just on start up from instant on and even then, a quick restart fixes the issue for everyone apparently. Sounds like you may have a problem pairing with your school's WiFi or maybe their WiFi is the issue.

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I installed the firmware update last night and got a message in the update history that it failed with error code 8024CE25. Checked knowledge base and contacted support but no help. Microsoft's support was useless - I spent over an hour trying to convince them I really got a "update failed" message including sending them a screen shot but we just went round and round in circles. The failed update is no longer showing up in my update list even when I pressed check updates. Does anyone have the same issue? Any help is appreciated

See below, mine failed (I didn't realize it, I didn't get any error messages), and then succeeded on next try.
Update History.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon