Keyboard orientations

Brillo258

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering If people prefer to fold the keyboard all the way back behind the unit when using the SP3 like a tablet, or just detach the keyboard altogether. I think it feels kind of funny to be crunching the keys with my fingertips, so I like to detach it. I know they show attaching and detaching of the keyboard anytime in the SP3 commercial, and I haven't read anything otherwise, but there shouldn't be any issues with attaching or detaching the keyboard when the SP3 is on, right????

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
To answer your question there shouldn't be any issues while detaching the keyboard and reattaching it while the Surface is on. I have done it several times without any issues. I detach and flip it the other way and reattach it so I don't feel the keys and so I decrease the wear and tear on the keyboard. I had a Surface Rt before. After folding the keyboard backwards without flipping it around put some wear and tear on the cover and it started to come apart at the seam. So I definitely recommend detaching and flipping the cover around where you don't feel the keys.

Hope this was helpful!

cdf3

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I prefer to flip the keyboard back, and let the kickstand rest on the underside of the keyboard. If I run my finger along the bottom edge of the kickstand, there are 2 notches that are have a sharp edge. I don't let the kickstand rest on the keys, because I don't the kickstand scratching up the keys on my keyboard.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the situation, and I think this is where the Surface line really shines. Currently using an SP1, but will be getting an SP3 soon. But my experience with the SP1 has been either I rip the tablet off the cover if I cant afford to have something dangling with me at the time (like rounding), I just flip it back if I need to show something really quick (the touch cover was awesome at this, the power cover... is interesting), or if I know I need to keep it together for a while, I'll take it off and flip it so the keys aren't in the way (just gotta remember the power cover contacts are no longer touching the SP's contacts for charging at this time).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon