Home button not lighting up

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
As above, I've had my Surface Pro 2 for less than a week and the Home/Windows button has stopped lighting up. It still vibrates and functions but it no longer illuminates. A pain in the **** at night trying to see it in tablet mode. I've tried doing a Refresh but that never worked. Any help would be appreciated?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Who gave it the Black eye, who knocked its lights out.... well I would say since it is less that a week and I am sure it will be within its warranty, instead of wasting your time to find a fix for the Big Bucks you paid you should get the most out of it. Let MS store/outlet you got it from fix the issue or replace it for you

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Who gave it the Black eye, who knocked its lights out.... well I would say since it is less that a week and I am sure it will be within its warranty, instead of wasting your time to find a fix for the Big Bucks you paid you should get the most out of it. Let MS store/outlet you got it from fix the issue or replace it for you

Yeah, I was hoping I wouldn't have to come to that after spending a week getting it just the way I want it and having migrated all my files etc from my old laptop. Looks like I'll have to send it away and get a replacement......disappointed.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually obsessing over this too much now. Can any other SP2 owners confirm or deny if their home/windows button on the bezel actually does illuminate or if I've been imaging it. It seems reflective and under certain lights it actually appears to light until you cup your hand around it to check

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a SP1 so I can't say for sure but I don't think the button is supposed to light up (I've looked at SP2 in stores as well and didn't notice it did either)

Ygglens

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
It's supposed to light upp?? Both me and my sister has the Pro 2, and the button doesnt light upp on ither of them. Doesnt happen on my Surface 2 RT ither...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6