Wifi Issues?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing several wifi issues:

1. Wifi not imeediately recognized after waking up. There's often a delay in which I have to wait, then refresh webpges
  2. Wifi extremely slow.
  3. Windows Store Apps having issues connecting to the internet

Posted on the MS forum and the only reply I got was that there must be something in my apartment compromising the connection. Total nonsesne because my Surface Pro 2 had none of these issues in the same apartment.

Has anyone had wifi issues and were they able to solve them? I really dont want to call MS and have them tell me to reset my device.

Danielo290881

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
no you are not. I am here in Germany, but with a Surface Pro 3 i5. I have a router of TP Link (Called Archer C7 AC1750) which i use at home. It has wireless AC. When rebooting my SP3 i have always about 100MBit with wireless LAN, after connected standby i only have 30 Mbit. I have all updates installed, SP3 is working fine anyway, but it seems there has to be another firmware update.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes I need to find the proper channel to make sure MS is aware of this issue so it'll be addressed in the next update. Glad to hear it's not just me.

Last edited:

Danielo290881

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
If you find a place people are talking about this issue on MS Forum or another place, let me know. I will adress the problem there, too. Thank you!

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I believe this is more of a windows 8.1 issue than a surface one, ive had it happen on and off over the past month with my desktop/laptop and surface pro 3 - Adam

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having these issues and its pissing me off. On my home network it works fine. When I go to Starbucks or other open network it acts up. My Lumia 2520 rarely did this. It's sapping my productivity right now. Come on MS! Any solutions yet people? I thought the latest update would fix it but I guess not.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I believe this is more of a windows 8.1 issue than a surface one, ive had it happen on and off over the past month with my desktop/laptop and surface pro 3 - Adam
No, it is really not 8.1. There have been, and continue to be, problems with the Marvell components used in all of the Surface Pros. It has had to be fixed in all and there has already been two fixes for SP3. Unfortunately the SP3 patches did. It resolve things for everyone and actually caused the problems in my SP3. I had no WiFi problems until after the update. BTW, yes people really do need to keep on Microsoft on the subject or they will simply claim it is already resolved.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had a problem where when it wakes from sleep I have to turn the wifi off and back on in order for it to connect at all. Before I do that, it shows a limited connection on whatever the last wifi was that I was connected to. Even if that wifi is 40 miles away. This is the case no matter what access point I was / am trying to connect to.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
No, it is really not 8.1. There have been, and continue to be, problems with the Marvell components used in all of the Surface Pros. It has had to be fixed in all and there has already been two fixes for SP3. Unfortunately the SP3 patches did. It resolve things for everyone and actually caused the problems in my SP3. I had no WiFi problems until after the update. BTW, yes people really do need to keep on Microsoft on the subject or they will simply claim it is already resolved.

Where can we go to let them know?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It didn't fix my problem, though. :straight: I still have to turn wifi off and back on to get it to work when waking from sleep.

Juan Stevens

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having as many as before but I still get some too. Open SP3 and it can't find wireless adapter. I've been able to just reboot. One time I had to reload the driver.

acsn

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm not having as many as before but I still get some too. Open SP3 and it can't find wireless adapter. I've been able to just reboot. One time I had to reload the driver.

Hi Juan,

Give this a try the next time it happens. Open your Device Manager. Right click on your computer in the right pane and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. Wifi adapter, bluetooth and whatever that was missing will come back without having to reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon